Friday, November 1, 2013

Resurrection (of a blog)

The last post made on this blog was on December 9, 2011.  For the last several years, it has been dead.  The beautiful thing about being dead is it provides time for a resurrection, as the biblical narrative shows us time and time again.  My long absence is due to the life journey I have been on since 2011.  I became a Trainer (teacher/supervisor) at my job a week after my last posting, experienced the joy and hardship of middle management, and learned a lot of new insights.  I was interim pastor (bio-vocationally) for several months during this time. A month ago I was hired as the sole pastor of South Union Mennonite Church.  This church has a beautiful congregation which I am loved by, love, and serve as a pastor.  Lots of change has happened...and as  life has the habit of doing, I am a different person than the one that wrote two years ago.

That being said, I am going to continue blogging about the ordinary journey of daily life, which is actually quite extraordinary.  I will be beginning with a series reflecting on who the Mennonites are, why they matter, and what draws me to them as a pastor a congregation in their midst.  We will continue to wrestle with difficult texts, ordinary insights, and books reviews along the way. 


I also want to invite you to dialogue with me through the comments below.  Share your stories, reflect on your experiences with me, for no journey is meant to be traveled alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment